DiabetesLocal provides individuals with diabetes, pre-diabetes, or at risk of developing diabetes, their caregivers, and health care professionals comprehensive listings of current, professionally screened, locally accessible resources and services to support diabetes self-management. Our intent is to support and educate DiabetesLocal users to utilize locally accessible resources that will improve their self-management through awareness, understanding and application of the American Association of Diabetes Educators Self-Care Behaviors (AADE7™).
A healthcare professional reviews each resource submission using the following criteria to ensure appropriateness. The individual submitting a resource is notified if the resource does not meet the defined criteria. Questions, concerns, or comments on our process may be directed to DiabetesLocal via Contact Us.
A RESOURCE is a service or product that may assist and promote an individual in their self-management of their disease.
Resources should promote self-management by assisting individuals to: accurately monitor their blood glucose levels; engage in physical activity; adopt healthy eating behaviors; cope with emotional and physical challenges; reduce their risk of developing complications and/or engage in self-management education.
- Resources must be locally accessible.
- Professional resource services must have a relevant specialty certification or relevant license for the service provided.
- Resources must be able to back up claims regarding benefit to the treatment of diabetes.
- Questionable resources and services are submitted to a voluntary clinical advisory board for review.
- Resources should be kept current, please keep your resource information updated.
- Resources will be required to review the content of their submission on a yearly basis. Email reminders will be sent to all users to update their resource information.